Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Weakerthans - Left and Leaving (2000)


I can't say enough good things about this album. I remember first downloading the Weakerthans and having a tough time understanding what was going on. I heard they were a band with the bassist from Propaghandhi so I was expecting a little more "punk rock" type of sound. Needless to say once I got over that fact, this one REALLY grew on me. Definitely one of my favorite albums. The lyrics are some of the best i've ever heard. Don't sleep on this!

From Last.fm...
"The Weakerthans are a Canadian indie rock/folk band headed by former Propagandhi member, John K. Samson. Their blend of punk-inflected folk rock with literate, witty, introspective lyrics have made them one of the most popular bands on the Canadian music scene."

Download (192kbps)

No comments:

Post a Comment